Elizabeth City Historic Neighborhood Association
P.O. Box 247
Elizabeth City, NC 27907
ECHNA's early years were spent raising funds through membership drives, yard sales, home tours, etc. Funds were used to save the Pendleton House and the Jackson-Jennings House, as well as contributing toward the establishment of Moth Boat Park, the Episcopal Cemetery restoration, the Antioch Presbyterian Church renovation, and many other causes. ECHNA also played a major role in saving the former Chesson's Departnent Store building, now home to The Center (a performance venue and art gallery), having been purchased from ECHNA and restored by Arts of the Albemarle.
Our annual major fundraiser, Ghost Walk, begun in 1996, invites locals and out-of-towners to visit area historic homes and meet "ghosts" connected with our history. It is held the second full weekend in October each year.
ECHNA also runs an architectural salvage store and actively spearheads efforts to salvage architectural items from buildings that cannot be preserved. The location of this store is 504 Hughes Boulevard in Elizabeth City; it is open by appointment by calling 252-340-1106 (Rick Boyd).
Request More Information »